Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Tulips | First Attempt at Gardening

These oh-so-cute-as-can-be button bucks just love coming up to our feeder and mowing down on corn. They also love eating my vegetation in the yard! After my heart broke about a dozen times earlier this spring when I saw my tulip nubs chewed to the ground, I broke down and invested in the Deer Stopper spray. All that it is is a fancy mix of herbs including mint and rosemary. I could make my own concoction! Wait, I did and it didn't work! Someone told me cayenne pepper works well. I sprinkled so much cayenne pepper on my tulips that they turned red, yet the deer still munched them down!

This morning I woke up to the colorful site of a few strong tulips! WIN!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Very pretty! My only luck keeping deer out of the garden has been to leave the dog out at night.

Sarah said...

Thanks, Angie! I am working on the dog situation but don't think I would be able to leave him/her outside at night. The neighbors might not like that too much. Hehehe!