Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hot Dog on a Beach

¡Hola Amigos! We are back from the hot, humid, and sunny beaches of Isla Mujeres, Mexico. We had a very laid back and relaxing time. We did pretty much nothing other than alternate between laying out at our hotel pool, swimming in the pool, laying out at the beach, swimming in the ocean, and enjoying food and beverages.

On a whim before we left for the trip, I bought a waterproof digital camera. I figured it was much more cost effective than buying a waterproof film camera for $12 and another $10 to develop the film. I usually go through 6 or so waterproof film cameras per year. I ended up snatching (and paying) for this little yellow Polaroid guy. I was not expecting any super duper image qualities but ended up with a few keepers out of the 112 I shot on it. Definitely got my money's worth out of it on the camera's first journey!

We found this gal on Playa Norte digging her way to China, probably in hopes for a cool place to relax. What a hot dog!


Not too shabby for a cheapy waterproof camera! Now for the critical comments -- if any of you are really seriously interested in a waterproof camera do NOT purchase this one. Do your homework and don't dump the bucks into one like I got. The LCD screen is impossible to see in the sun, the zoom sucks, the ISO is too high and it scratched in multiple places on the screen almost immediately. There is a bit of a Polaroid retard flaw, ahem I mean design flaw, that you can never plug in the USB cord because it is beside the batteries and requires you to shut the flap to secure the batteries. But you can't because the cord is plugged in. Derr, Polaroid!!! I recommend getting a far more superior waterproof camera!

No comments: