(http://www.neatorama.com/2008/05/14/neatoramas-guide-to-25-of-the-strangest-collections-on-the-web/) I thought what better to list my collections or even start new collections! I refound some collections since packing and unpacking all of our stuff over the past month.
Current collections between Dustin and Myself:
- magnets (Sarah)
- shot glasses (Dustin)
- golf balls (Dustin)
- smushed pennies (Sarah)
- postcards (Sarah)
- pennants (Dustin)
- baseball cards (Dustin)
- hockey pucks (Dustin)
- greeting cards sent to me/us
- PLANTS!!!! (Sarah)
I won't even get started on my collection of books and photos...I have multiple bookcases for those!
Collections I have grown out of and either still have or working on purging (and we won't ask "why" because I have no answers):
- receipts (from purchases...like ALL purchases)
- anything with a cow print pattern or looked like a cow
- anything printed in Spanish (books, cards, etc)
- Noah's Ark stuff (will probably keep this stuff for my kids someday)
- Magazines (still have my Disney Adventures magazines from years ago)
- Babysitter's Club books and memorabilia
- Iron ore pellets
- rocks (I had a super cool rock that had metallic properties and left behind glitter when touched....I kind of miss that rock)
- pen pals across the world (I usually managed to get them to send me their currency which I still have to this day from Egypt, Greece, Malaysia, Spain...the list goes on)
- Pepsi cans from the late 1980s to early 1990s
Collections I am embarrassed to admit I have:
- Hotel shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash - these I need to get rid of!! Ideas? Homeless shelters?
- Emails (back in the day - 1996ish - I printed off every single email sent and received and put them all in three ring binders.)
- 1994 Dodge Ram memorabilia (when the body style changed from big, old and boxy to sleek and boxy - to this day I swear I will never own a Dodge Ram)
- Buttons - a drawer full of the extra buttons that come with sweaters, button up shirts and suits.
Ideas for strange collections? Anyone care to share their collections strange or otherwise?